Hi everyone! I know it’s been a while, I barely know how to start writing. I will write a Peru update and ending sometime in the near future (I hope lol). Well as you can see Matthew and I have moved to Bangkok, Thailand aka the “Land of Smiles”. But if we tell a taxi the district in Bangkok that we live in we usually get a good laugh and have to ask few more taxis for a ride to Bang Mot. We are teaching at a school called DSIL, which teaches using the Constructionism theory (read more here http://www.idealist.org/view/org/gtTkMbcbZGBD/ ). I’ll be teaching 9-10 year old kids, and Matthew will be teaching middle school aged kids. Tomorrow is the first day of school wish us luck!
My first impressions of Bangkok:
- People are very nice and helpful
- It’s a bustling city with lots of people, cars, and places – very dense
- The temples and wats (schools for monks) are beautiful
- A huge theme in the culture is respect, kindness, and not confronting others
- There are mega malls everywhere, Thai’s must love shopping
- There is a huge obsession with technology – there are video games and computers for you to use in the malls
- People are also appearance conscious – in the Central Rama 2 mall near us there are about 20 or more beauty spas for weight loss, skin treatments, hair, and/or beauty in general
- Thai food is great, but don’t let anyone tell you it’s all healthy there’s fried stuff everywhere too.
Overall it’s a really amazing place. I’m looking forward to making new friends, meeting my students, traveling in and around Thailand, learning more about the culture, and enjoying my experience here.
More pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151038717747927.426619.599187926&type=1&l=a6d0d69eb8
10 thoughts on “เราย้ายมาประเทศไทย – We moved to Thailand”
You are AMAZING!!! So incredible to follow your travels. I feel like I’m learning so much about the world through you and Matthew. ENJOY, be safe and keep the stories coming!
You are amazing Danielle! Thank you!
Wow! You are too much! How are you and Matthew able to do these things? You are actually living a fairytale good for you!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Thanks Rhenotha! Teaching English helps us do these things =)
I can’t wait to visit! I want to go to the Lebua State Tower (just b/c they filmed part of Hangover 2 there). I want to hear more about you & Matt’s experience with the kids teaching them. Love ya! Tell Matt I said “what up?”
Love you too! I heard the roof top restaurant is really nice but really expensive lol. Matthew says “what up”
Awesome!!!! Enjoy the food!!! Glad to be apart of your adventure again. Take care
Thank you Howard!
Awesome girlie, I can’t wait to see new posts. Enjoy your time there and experience all that Bangkok has to offer!